Mauke pe Chauka!

            Yes, a mauke pe chauka! We railfans know how to hit a chauka when we get the mauka! Same was done by me! It was more than a month that I hadn't gone for a RF session. In the end, it was due to boards. Being in standard 10th, I was put in a house arrest (only for rf) by my mother. Do whatever, go to play, sleep as much as you want BUT NO RF. "NO RF" those words kept moving in my head but finally I got a chance to see the trains!
          19 February 2014, the day I decided to take the entrance test of class. The test was at Vile Parle which meant I go by train! The journey to Vile Parle started with delay. It was 235 pm and no sign of 216 Dadar local. Finally a couple of minutes later the train arrived and I boarded it. The journey started with speed and we reached Borivali and departed quickly. Train was empty which meant I could stand at door. Btw I missed something. While I was waiting for train at Dahisar, Suryanagari had gone with BRC WAP 4 22532 and then when I boarded the train, Karnavati flew with BRC WAP 5 30045 obviously in Amul livery. Many of the WAP 5 are now in Amul livery. So, soon we started crawling near Oshiwara and why was it? The level crossing or LC was open. It was closed and then we departed towards Jogeshwari and just at Andheri outer we crossed BRC WAP 5 30058 led AC Double Decker Express. The train pulled into Andheri and met BRC WAP 5 30049 again in Amul livery with Dadar - Bikaner Express!We quickly changed platform boarded a slow local and reached Vile Parle. Found the class building and went for exam..
            Exam wasn't that good but was OK. Got a Borivali local to go back and realized after boarding that it would go to Pf 8! So we were moving and moving and moving.. Getting overtaken by fast trains.. It was at Malad that a Bhyandar bound local overtook us and I remembered that Rajdhani trails this local! I geared up, mobile in hand and in video mode. Unfortunately the local was crawling and we overtook it. We reached Kandivali ahead of it and departed ahead of it. But we stopped and the BYR local overtook us and stopped ahead of us and I could see Rajdhani waiting to overtake that crawler!
            Soon we pulled into pf 8 and I patiently waited for Rajdhani even though the indicator showed 00 minutes for departure of the local's return run. The crawler also switched tracks and Rajdhani accelerated! Mean while Hisar - Bandra T. Express also departed Borivali towards its destination with BRC WAP 5 30062. Till then Rajdhani had accelerated and I had started rolling. Rjdhani came and was crossed by Hissar blah blah blah Express! I got down train left and MSK arrivied. In all this my mother patiently waited for me to finish. BRC WAP 4 22940 led MSK! Climbed up to the flyover took a rickshaw and returned home.

The sadness of test not going well was cancelled by the joy of getting to see Rajdhani  nearly after a month!
BRC WAP 4 22940 with MSK!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

But why trains?

BSR! BSR! BSR!!

Trying the Bengaluru Metro : Test of Dumb Charades Skills.